Being the two reputable companies specialized in manufacturing tablets and laptops, they always lock horns and now this should be an interesting battle between Apple’s iPad Air 2 and Microsoft Surface Pro 3, which will come with high end specifications. Let use see the detailed comparison between these two high end laptops.
Apple iPad Air 2 vs Surface Pro 3
Design and Display
Microsoft has claimed that Surface Pro as the tablet that can replace your laptop. It comes with the 12 inch display with the 2160 x 1440 pixels resolution. It comes with the beautiful metal body, but the basic Surface Pro concept remains same. It has the built-in kickstand, a keyboard cover and pressure sensitive stylus. This is the prefect replacement for a laptop. It’s 12 inch display offers you the ample room to work and feels comfortable in any aspect. Microsoft has worked hard to keep the Surface Pro 3 thin and light. It weighs around 800g, which it’s not light in tablet terms, but it is lighter than any laptop.
iPad Air 2 is thinner than its previous models with some necessitated changes. It comes with 9.7 inches display with 1536 x 2048 pixels resolution with ~264 ppi pixel density. It weighs around 437 grams which is the pound less than previous versions.
Apple iPad Air 2 runs on its native A8X processor, which is an enhanced version of the chip from Apple. It uses the Apple’s second generation 64-bit mobile architecture and improves the CPU performance by 40 percent more than A7. Graphics performance is also improved by the factor of 2.5. It runs on Apple’s iOS 8.1 Operating System.
Coming to Surface Pro 3 it is powered by Intel Core i7 processor , which is the high end processor in the laptop range. It also features Intel HD graphics along with 8 GB RAM. With the Intel i7 processor, its performance is equal to the Apple iPad Air 2 tablet. It runs on Window 8.1 Operating System.
Camera and Storage
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 sports 5 Megapixel both Front and Rear camera and a Camcorder with 1920 x 1080 p HD video resolution. It comes with the built-in 512 GB internal storage which offers 450 GB maximum user storage. It also offers microSD extension slot.
iPad Air 2 sports 8 MP primary camera with 3264 x 2448 pixels resolution along with 1.2 MP secondary camera with 720 p resolution. It comes with 16/64/128 GB internal storage.
Specification of Microsoft Surface Pro 3
- Display : 12 inch ClearType Full HD Plus
- Processor : 4th generation Intel Core family processor
- Operating System : Windows 8.1 Pro
- Memory : Availability depends on storage model (4 to 8 GB RAM available)
- Hard Disk : available in 64 GB to 512 GB variant
- Camera : 5 mega-pixel rear and front camera is available
- Connectivity : Bluetooth 4.o, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, HDMI, USB, Card reader and audio Jack port is available
- Weight : 800 grams
- Dimension (mm) : 292.1 x 201.4 x 9.1
- Battery : up to 9 hours
Specification of Apple iPad Air 2
- Display : 9.7 inch with LED blacklit IPS LCD
- Processor : Dual Core Apple A8X
- Operating System : iOS 8.1
- Internal Storage : 16/64/128 GB
- Primary Camera : 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels
- Secondary Camera : 1.2 MP, 720 p
- Connectivity : GPRS, EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0
- Weight : 437 g
- Dimension (mm) : 240 x 169.5 x 6.1 mm
- Battery : Non-removable Li-Po 27.3Wh