Amazon has started rolling out a new OS update for its Fire Phone which comes with quite a few new features to the Android running smartphone, along with some enhanced battery utilization and more that makes the device more stable and fast.
If you are still running the same older version of the OS, just go to the settings and search for the update, the firmware update version is v3.5.1 (111009920). Here is the full changelog you will see after updating:
- 11 Frame Lenticular Photos – Create Lenticular photos using 11 still images instead of 3.
- Enhanced Carousel E-mail – Delete e-mails directly from the home screen.
- Quick Switch – With a double-press on the home button, Quick Switch allows you to easily alternate between or shut down running apps and tasks.
- App Grid Collections – Create folders of apps or content right on the app grid.
- Improved Battery Life – Dozens of system updates for enhanced battery performance.
- Improved Video Sharing – Share high-resolution videos via MMS or e-mail.
- Carousel Pinning – Pin your favorite apps to the front of the home carousel.
If you are unable to see the update, here is the steps that I am sure will help you to get the update right on your phone.
To check if an update is available from your device:
- From the Home screen, go to settings panel, either you can directly swipe down the notification panel t go there or through the System setting app.
- Select the Settings icon, and then tap Device > Install system updates > Check Now. You Fire phone will take little time to check for the updates, once detected the update, it will automatically start the downloading.
- After the download is complete, select Install System Update to install the update immediately.
- During the installation, you phone might restart quite a few times.
Manually download and install the latest software version via USB:
- Click here to Download Fire OS 3.5.1 software version to your computer.
- Transfer the software update file to your Fire phone:
- Connect your Fire phone to your computer via USB cable.
- If your phone is locked, unlock it and select the appropriate USB action to be able to transfer the files to the SD card.
- Open the Fire folder, and transfer the downloaded update file into the Internal storage folder (SD card).
- After the file transfer is complete, remove your Fire phone to your computer.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Quick Actions panel, tap Device, and then tap Install System Update. Your device will restart during the software update.
What do you think of this new download for the Fire Phone?