iOS 8 offers the easy way to check the minor things in the apps, now you don’t want to open the apps to check the minor things like weather forecast or cricket scores. Widgets will minimize the things and they offer the bit sized information from your apps without need to launch an app. In iOS 8 platform, Apple lets you add the widgets to the notification center and this keeps your home screen free of clutter and keep the bits of the information just a swipe away. If you are using iOS 8, then here is how to enable the widgets.
How to add widgets to iOS 8 notification center
- Install the apps those supports the notification center widgets. Some of the apps like Dropbox, Espn cricinfo, Yahoo News Digest, Sky Guide and more.
- Now on your device home screen, swipe down from the top to pull down the notification center.
- Tap on the today button at the top of the screen.
- Now you will see the day’s notifications. Tap and edit at the bottom of the page.
- You will see the list of the installed apps which supports the widgets. Tap on the green color + button next to the widget to show it in the notification center.
- If you want to remove any widget from the notification center then tap on the red color – button next to the widget.
- You can also rearrange these widgets as you want. Simple tap and hold on the three horizontal lines on the right side of any widget and drag it to the position you desire.
- After doing the modifications as you like, then tap on done at the top right.
That’s it you are done and now the widgets will appear in the today view in the notification center.