Google Wallet is the mobile payment system from Google which allows the users to store the credit cards, debit cards, gift cards and loyalty cards and also redeeming sales promotions on their mobile phones. It uses the Near Field Communication to “make the secure payments fast and convenient with simple taps on the phone with any PayPass enable terminal at checkout.
Google Wallet allows you to store the loyalty card information in the Google Wallet app on your mobile. So, it will be more convenient when you forgot your card at home and you may no need to carry the plastic cards on your pocket from now. Here in this article I will explain how to add the loyalty cards to the Google Wallet app.
How to add loyalty cards to Google Wallet
- Step 1 : If you don’t have Google Wallet installed on your device then download it from Google Play Store.
- Step 2 : After downloading launch the app and it will ask you to create the PIN. Once you have done then you will be signed in and will be able to use the Google Wallet app.
- Step 3 : After signing in, you will be taken to the main screen and there in the upper-left corner, you will find three parallel lines where it says as “My Wallet” and hit there and you will ahead to other menu.
- Step 4 : Here select first option under “Items” which are called “Loyalty Programs”.
- Step 5 : Select “Add programs” and add your loyalty programs which you will see on the top of the screen.
- Step 6 : In this screen hit on “Got it” and go to next step and make sure to have the cards in hand as well.
- Step 7 : Here you will add your card info and it is very easy to do so. Google Wallet automatically “snap” the picture all adds the full information here. If your card don’t feature barcode then you are allowed to enter the required information manually.
- Step 8 : You will be taken to the confirmation page and here hit on “Add program”.
Thats it! you have added the loyalty card to the Google Wallet app, hit the ‘+’ symbol on the top of the screen and then you will be headed to step 5 and follow the steps again to add the card.