What is Windows Defender? Windows Defender is a inbuilt program for the Windows 8 to keep your computer safe clean from the threats and other malware. It can also protect your computer from the real time protection. Initially it was available for the Windows XP through to windows 7. In windows 8 it is more secure version of the Operating system so far. Microsoft only Provided the enhanced version which protect from the malware. This gives you the steps How to Active Windows Defender For windows. Only thing you need to do is follow the below steps and active your Windows Defender for you system and protect from the threats and malware.
Steps to active Windows Defender
- Initially Click on the Start Button and type Windows Defender, Windows Defender should appear on the list and click on it and launch the program to install. If you are running already then skip this step.
- If suppose you find a dialogue box as similar to below screen shot showing that Defender is turn off, then go you search for Action Center in the Start menu (or screen if using Windows 8) and run that.
- In the Action Center click on the security and check which program is handling the spyware, unwanted software protection if you want to place Defender in the place of McAfee or any other programs immediately uninstall it.
- Once you uninstall the Protection program like McAfee, In the search bar type the Windows Defender and install the program to run it, If it is turn off you will see a message and a link to turn it on. Click it to turn on Windows Defender.
- After installation open the Windows Defender, In the main window of the Defender we can select the type of Scan like Quick, Full, Custom. Once you select with the type of scan go to update and update to scan.
- In this Windows Defender there is a options to scan up to date for this go to settings and tick mark “Turn on the real time protection” to help prevent threats. Click on the savings button to keep your settings.
- That’s it now your Personal Computer is protected from the threats and Malware by Defender.