Microsoft has released an update for its popular 3D Builder app for Windows 8.1. This latest update adds the number of new features and improvements, including the new way to make the 3D printed objects without need to own the 3D printer. Basically, 3D builder app has the new button, “Buy Print” which allows the users to buy an object they can customize in the app from the 3D systems.
Microsoft has stated that,
[quote]When you buy the print from 3D system’s cloud services, you gain the access to expanded material options beyond what is offered by typical consumer 3D printers. With this service, you can select materials include the opaque and frosted plastics, metallic and mixed plastics, full color ‘Colorstone’ and even ceramics. After ordering, 3D systems will print your 3D model and can ship in 3 weeks.[/quote]
Main control user interface of the app has been changed and improved with the new update, with the way to expand the circular menu to include the new Object and Edit the new selections. The update has also brought the app some new pre-build trophy parts, which can be used when you want to make your own award. The update also finally adds the support for Windows RT, means that Surface 2 and Surface RT tablets can use this.
- Print to the personal printer or order your model through the 3D systems
- Merge, intersect or subtract one object from other, great for making molds.
- Adorn any model with text or images
- Plane cut objects into sections, keeping both halves or throwing one halff way
- Repair the downloaded models to make them printable