This generation is driven by social media and almost all the businesses are using this platform for marketing their products. You are looking for the latest social media statistics in India. Because these stats are very important to analyse the social media and take decisions on your business. Here I am sharing the stats about digital and social media for Indian landscape, India is one of the major market for social media and brands in India today are much aware of the potential and the value that social media can deliver them as compared to the other channels.
Here I am not going too deep and not including too much, but this handful information will help your take more informed decisions for your product’s social media presence online when targeting the Indian market.
India is the large market for any business, but the thing appealing is from its huge population of 1.2 billion only few are using internet. It is the developing nation, so this may be the reason.
- Currently there are 243 million internet users in India.
- Users may increase up to 500 million by 2018.
- Rajan Anandan, MD, Google India said, India will become larger than US in terms of total internet users by the end of 2014.
With the introduction of the smartphones, most of the people are accessing internet and social media right from their hand.
- Mobile penetration of the active internet users in India is 220 million and it is important to make your sites and pages more mobile optimized.
- There are more than 92 million active social media users through their mobile which is 41% of the total mobile users.
Digital media has revolutionized advertising and selling and India has been following this trend and this below stats prove it is going to get bigger and better.
- Digital advertising in India is witnessing steady growth and online advertising market in India to touch Rs.2.938 crore.
- Indian eCommerce sector is expected to reach $24 billion by 2015 which explains the emphasis on E-retail stores like Myntra, Jabong, Flipkart and more by inclusion of the buy button in Facebook and Twitter.
Indians are very active on all social networks and 88% of the internet users share the content of their social profiles and they are spending more time on the different social networking sites.
- Facebook is the most visited social network with large base of 100 million users, which clearly states that it is not fading away soon in India. More than 80% users access their Facebook profile through mobile phones.
- Twitter has more than 33 million users in India from this base more than 76% users access it through their mobile phone.
- LinkedIn has more than 26 million of users in India of its total 300 million users.
- Of the total 70 million Pinterest users 5.5 million users are from India.
- Instagram usage is dominated by men in comparison to women with the ratio being 75/25. It shows only 25% of Indian women are on Instagram.
- Most shared type of content is videos and film trailers.
Hope this statistics are helpful for you.